My photo
Sydney, Australia
portfolio | precedents | process [since 2012]

Monday, May 20, 2013

dsdn 101 | project 3 - design intentions




Project three:  design intentions for the Caritas Challenge

In this project I will create an inspiring visual message for Caritas that will represent the organisation’s ideals and aims for the Caritas Challenge taking place in April 2014.  

The outcome of the project will be a 40 - 60 second stop motion animation that will promote and encourage participation in the event to children within the eleven to eighteen year old demographic.

Through my research I will gain a clear understanding of the cultural issues and perceptions that apply to the client’s place in the local and international community. Using a strong but simple narrative I will use the resulting information to explain who my client is and what their aims are in organising the Caritas Challenge.

I will promote each of the four options as a unique opportunity to inspire children to challenge themselves. I will achieve this through themes of imagination and role-play. I will demonstrate to the target audience that they will not only take part in an enjoyable and rewarding activity but also experience solidarity with both their peers and with those enduring poverty throughout the world.  

I will research precedents of stop motion animation and use my findings to apply fresh approaches to the medium. I will use the 40 – 60 second time-frame to send a succinct message about the Challenge and its aims.  



No comments:

Post a Comment